PayTabs’ winning alliance with Zoho is set to revolutionize digital payments
PayTabs has always moved ahead with the aim of making payment processes simple and secure for small and medium businesses. In a step towards that, it has joined hands with Zoho Books to further enrich its product offering. The partnership with Zoho, a cloud accounting software provider, will enable integration of accounting operations into the current multiple payment options available to PayTabs’ customers. The inclusion of this additional facility into the PayTabs platform will enhance the payment collection experience for business owners in the Middle East.
Zoho offers online end-to-end accounting solutions to business units to simplify financial operations like billing, invoicing, finalization of ledger accounts, preparation of financial statements, automation of VAT compliance and multi departmental integration within organizations. While PayTabs offers a convenient ‘plug and play’ feature for secure, online payment processing, as there was a need for the customer’s payment transactions to be seamlessly integrated into the book keeping records for financial reporting. The incorporation of Zoho’s accounting database with PayTabs would enable availability of complete financial records, including customer receipts, at one’s fingertips. Thus, it is expected that this alliance will throw open the following business advantages:
- Instant payment system: Since the records of the finance function are completely integrated with the payments gateway, there is no time lag involved in acceptance of online payments by merchants from e-commerce customers. The set-up process is easy to understand and use, and can be commissioned immediately. The instant receipt of cash inflows, without delay, would considerably improve the liquidity position of the business units.
- Facilitates easy reconciliation of transactions: It is imperative that the accounting transactions, including payment receipts are captured in the system and can be traced back to their source and time. This enables effective monitoring of transactions and ease of preparation of financial statements. Zoho facilitates separate recording of customer payments and transaction fees in a clearing account. Thus, the individual ledger accounts of the finance function, especially the revenues realised from online customer payments, can easily be accessed by business units at any point of time.
- Supports multi-currency formats: Business enterprises that transact with global customers would be required to accept payments in multiple currencies. The combined features of PayTabs and Zoho would enable reporting of financial metrics, including acceptance of multi-currency customer payments in over 168 global currencies. All this would be enabled automatically, without any need for intervention by money conversion agencies or forex dealers.
- Flexibility in Payment methods: Business units can provide the option of multiple payment methods, especially to their customers, based out of the GCC. Besides traditional channels like Visa and MasterCard, business units can offer regional payment methods like SADAD and MADA in KSA, OmanNet in Oman, and KNet in Kuwait.
- Cash boost: One has often heard of the adage ‘Cash is king’. Receipts from customers by way of digital payments is an important component of the revenue stream for e-commerce merchants. This instant credit of cash facilitated by a superior and secure payment gateway like PayTabs, can significantly contribute towards enhancing the cash situation of the business. The cash can be fruitfully channelized towards critical working capital operations of the business enterprise. Further, one can also simultaneously keep track of the cash balance of the business from the accounting system, integrated by Zoho.
The alliance is clearly a win -win situation for both PayTabs and Zoho. The business opportunity is also expected to yield rich dividends for the business enterprises that would be able to conveniently receive payments for their invoices online. This would, in turn, enable prompt receipt of payments, with zero hassles of extensive paperwork. Further, as fast becomes the new normal with digital, the alliance would generate greater returns for merchants and facilitate complete automation of its finance and book keeping function. Happy days ahead for merchants!