Personal Information PayTabs Requests from You
By personal information, we mean information related to a specific individual from which such individual can be identified. Anonymous information does not constitute personal information as the identity of the individual cannot be recognized. The personal information which may be collected by PayTabs include the following:
• Name, designation and contact information including email address, phone number
• Business information
• Demographic information like postcodes, preferences and interests
• Any other information related / relevant to our application process
We may collect, transfer, use, store your personal information when you use our website or services including the following:
From our website:
• Information you provide us when using our website: when you create an account on our website, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information such as your full name, email address, phone number, address, your website and other personal information that may be required.
From our service:
• Data collection from our payment services: the data collected from the merchants: we collect, store and process personal information related to the merchants when you apply to become a merchant. Additional personal information may be required such as full name, email address, date of birth, home address, proof of address, bank statement, personal identification card or passport and other information as may be required to on-board you and meet applicable legal requirements.
• Data collected from cardholders/buyers: we collect, store, process financial and transaction related to personal data about the cardholders/buyers and their transaction, which may include, full name, email address, phone number, credit card number, expiry date, CVV, billing and shipping address, IP address, browser type and version, purchase amount, date of the purchase, cart description.
Why Does PayTabs Collect Your Information?
• To personalize user experience: we may use information to understand how our users as a group/collectively use the services and resources provided on our website “PayTabs.com”.
• To improve customer service: your information helps us to respond effectively to your customer(s) service requests, inquiries and support needs.
• To process your application: we use the information collected to understand the nature and profile of your business and access your application.
• For marketing purposes: we may use your information for promotional activities of our new products and features, special offers and advertising our products.
• To send periodic emails: the emails address provided will be used to send information and updates pertaining to our site and our services. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests. If the user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
• To identify and reduce fraudulent activity: we may use your information to detect, prevent, mitigate fraudulent activities such as risks associated with transactions, our systems and to monitor illegitimate activities.
• To comply with the law: we may use your information when it is required to comply with legal obligations, financial regulatory and for audit purposes.
PayTabs Data Storage and Access
The data we collect from you are stored in our system servers. We take reasonable measure to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure. Although, PayTabs adopts security measures appropriate which are in accordance with the industry practice, it does not assure or guarantee that no person will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorised access to your personal information. You should always ensure that your username and password are not shared with any third party to protect your personal information.
We may allow third party application to access your information in cases where a need arises for verification of your data and other validation purposes. PayTabs ensures that verification processes used by third party application will help to make your account safe from fraud or any money laundering. By providing your personal information to us you agree to the transfer to third party, storing and processing of your personal information.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information:
You have certain rights over your personal information as per the applicable laws including the following:
• Request to erase the Personal Information: you reserve the right to request to remove any personal information provided that your personal information is required to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, for legal proceedings, compliance purposes, for any financial crime prevention purposes.
• Request for personal information transfer: you have the right to request to export your information to a third-party where technically and legally feasible.
• Request correction: you reserve the right to request to correct, any information held by us where the personal information is incomplete, inaccurate or outdated. This step will require verification of the new personal information provided.
• Right to access your personal information: you have the right to receive a copy of your personal information that we hold, including certain information about how we are processing your personal information to the extent permissible by PCI-DSS and the financial data regulations.
• Right to object to direct marketing: you have the right to request to not process your personal information for direct marketing purposes. To unsubscribe from Marketing and promotional mails, visit Login details in merchant dashboard.
PayTabs Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
PayTabs may allow third party application to access your information in cases where a need arises for verification of your personal information and other validation purposes. We ensure that verification processes used by third party application will help to make your account safe from fraud, any money laundering or illegal activities related to our services. We may disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of providing payment services and promoting the business, as follows:
• Service Providers: we may share your personal information with a limited number of service providers when it is necessary to deliver services, such as identity verification services, infrastructure hosting, data analysis, payment processors, customer service, email delivery. these service providers may need to access personal information to perform their services. The service providers are primary located in the UAE, KSA, UK, USA, Egypt and Australia.
• Business Partners: PayTabs may share personal information with third party business partners when it is necessary to provide the services to the Users such as acquiring banks.
Retention of your Personal Information by PayTabs:
PayTabs securely retains personal information in an identifiable format for the duration required by applicable laws, for regulatory obligations and business purposes. We may retain personal information for longer periods than required by law for business interests as long as it is prohibited by law or any regulatory agency/authority.
Third Party Websites
You may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by those websites.
Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We do not guarantee protection and privacy of information which you may provide to such websites.
Cookies are text files, used by your computer’s browser, that store visitor session data. Cookies, by themselves, do not identify the individual user. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
Cookies are mainly used to measure web traffic, for keeping records and to let you know when you visit a particular site. But cookies never give us access to any other information other than what you chose to share with us.
Cookies also helps us in analyzing data to be used in improving our website, eventually giving you a better user experience. Users generally have the options to accept or decline cookies. However, please note that you will not get the full benefit of using the website if you chose to decline.
Updating your Information
If your personal or professional information (such as your name, address, or telephone number) needs change, you must update your details by contacting PayTabs on our contact us page.
To avoid inconvenience to all, PayTabs strongly advices to keep all information up to date and correct. PayTabs will be exempt from any responsibility in the rare event where losses may arise from not updating your information.